Atrazine Use Strategies To Protect Surface Water Quality
Janssen, Cheri, Whitford, Fred
Today's farmers are asked to produce high quality, low-cost food, fiber, and meat without disrupting the environment. In some areas, EPA, USDA, and state agricultural and environmental agencies are asking the agricultural community to reduce off-site movement of atrazine into surface water to ensure its continued availability.
Current Status: Approved
Purchase This Module
|Time To Complete (hours)
- 1. Describe why atrazine is a threat to water quality.
- 2. List products that contain atrazine.
- 3. Outline the EPA’s atrazine monitoring program.
- 4. Describe factors that affect atrazine movement.
- 5. Describe atrazine label requirements that relate to environmental protection.
- 6. Describe weed management strategies to minimize the amount of atrazine leaving a field.
- 7. List programs that offer assistance to farmers in meeting environmental goals.